health_inspector is tool to inspect your chef repo as it compares to what is
on your chef server.
$ gem install health_inspector
$ cd [chef repo] && health_inspector inspect
health_inspector help for more options
What it does
So far it checks if...
- your cookbooks are in sync
- you have uncommitted changes in a cookbook (assuming your cookbooks are in
their own git repos)
- you have commits in a cookbook that haven't been pushed to your remote
(assuming your cookbooks are in their own git repos)
- your data bags are in sync
- your data bag items are in sync
- your environments are in sync
- your roles are in sync
- Your roles and environments are written using the ruby DSL.